In the early 1950's a group of photographers met at the Studio of Rider/Philpot to talk about forming a Professional Association. The Rider/Philpot studio was located under the old Tower Theatre on 12th street in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The group incorporated on January 29, 1954, under the name of "The Professional Photographers Association of Greater Kansas City" as a "not for profit Corporation" with 24 charter members.
1. The name of the Association is "The Professional Photographers Association of Greater Kansas City"
2. The period of duration is perpetual.
3. The initial registered agent is Doris N. Shrantz.
4. The first Board of Directors shall be eight members, their names being:
1. To improve the technical ability of it's members in the art of photography.
2. To promote ethical conduct among professional photographers for the protection of the public and the members of the Corporation.
3. To improve the position in which professional photographers are held in the public eye.
4. To publicize the ethical standards and technical ability of it's members.